Lost and found
by Colin Campbell on 21/05/20 18:00
Lost (things lost during lockdown) :
- Direct contact with my family and friends (terrible loss).
- Purpose (at least from some aspects of my life).
- Piece of mind (at least for the time being and not always but some of the time).
- Camaraderie at work (mostly due to the loss of face-to-face).
- Variation (my life was very varied, travelling to different places to teach or to meet or to ride a bike, not just the same Groundhog day each day).
- ‘Found’ my family (not that I didn’t know them already, but I will know them better than I would have ever possibly known them after this and that is a gift).
- Meditation (rediscovered).
- Stability and routine (not something I’m good at but something I’m learning to be better at).
- Boredom (I haven't known that for a long time).
Eating the best I've ever eaten that I can remember.
- Value in face-to-face interaction.
- Resilience (at least some of the time).
As there was before and as there will be again, so there are positives and so there are negatives; ideally best for us to focus on the good bits if at all possible.
Blog Post Number - 2375